Thursday, October 27, 2011

First Snow & Simmering Soup

First snow of the season today here in CNY. Made me yearn for a bowl of hot 'n hearty soup.
Since I didn't quite expect the snow yet, I was caught unaware and didn't have the ingredients on hand, so I'm planning on making this for the weekend...It's easy to make but takes 2 or 3 hours to cook. That's a plus in my book as nothing warms up a house on a chilly day more than the delicious aroma of a soup simmering on the stove, especially if you aren't ready to turn up the thermostate yet!

Here's my recipe if you'd like to try it.
I suggest adding a green salad and a crusty loaf of dark whole grain bread for a most satisfying meal. You can make it with the beef or vegan style if you prefer. Either way, it is satisfying, healthy, and delicious!

Beefy Ukrainian Borscht

1 comment:

  1. WoW, you had an early snow. Thank goodness we've yet to see any white fluff. But you can be sure that when we do, I will put on a pot of soup or stew, too!

    ReplyDelete